A wooden church building was erected in 1820. Destroyed by fire in 1869, it was replaced on the same site with the current brick structure. Both the exterior and interior have been lovingly maintained by the congregation, and many say the warm and welcoming sanctuary is the first thing that helps them feel at home.
A Mighty Wurlitzer organ was added to the sanctuary in 1949. The organ began as a theatre organ in Toronto, was used by radio station CFRB in its war-time “Happy Gang” broadcasts, and was installed in the church as a memorial to those who gave their lives in the war. It has recently been completely rebuilt (a job of several years!) by members of the congregation.
The building was topped by a steeple in 1967 as a Centennial project, and chimes were installed. They also have recently been refurbished, and still call people of the community to Sunday worship.
An attached building with Upper Room and Lower Hall, kitchens and office space was added in the 1920's, and has been modernized in stages over the years – the latest renovations being the redesign of the Upper Room, and the opening and refurbishing of the narthex.
Currently the congregation is beginning a project to make the building fully accessible by the summer of 2016. Well ... we have begun the project, but life being what it is, we now expect a completion date sometime in the first few months of 2017 ... realities of time, space, paperwork and due process continue.